Cultivate Inclusive Communities
Inclusion can help build innovation. Elevating underrepresented voices and validating multicultural experiences, stimulates new ideas and broadens perceptions. Learn more about why inclusion is needed to leverage a community’s full potential.
Sanford School created a compilation of strategies for cultivating inclusive communities. The 4 strategies listed are accompanied with a volume of applicable suggestions to actively engage in the work towards creating an inclusive community.
- Topic: Developing awareness
- Audience: Academic, Community, Workplace
- Purpose: Establish shared values to connect to diverse members of a community.
The University of Oregon Division of Equity and Inclusion created a list of strategies and initiatives that promote inclusion. While these strategies were made with the academic setting in mind, they are applicable to virtually all settings.
- Topic: Inclusion framework
- Audience: Academic, Workplace
- Purpose: Develop top-down engagement for building inclusion within a university setting.
The University of Kansas, via their Community Toolbox Training Curriculum, has provided an entire section devoted to Building Inclusive Communities. It is comprised of 4 sections that offer a wealth of foundational information on the topic, a checklist, a list of available tools, and a downloadable PowerPoint.
- Topic: Community studies
- Audience: Community
- Purpose: Provide detailed strategies on how to build inclusion in multiple levels of society.