As public health emergencies intensify around the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Utah Division of Multicultural Affairs is working closely with other state and local agencies to elevate the unique concerns and impacts that the outbreak has on underserved, underrepresented, and systemically marginalized populations.
OUr COMMITMENT TO EQUITY DURING COVID-19
We want to ensure that all of our communities understand the current recommended precautions to keep Utahns safe and mitigate the risk of exposure.
The Utah Division of Multicultural Affairs urges Utahns to consider and work towards the following:
- Be flexible, inclusive, and culturally appropriate in your actions and communication.
- Actively dispel xenophobic misinformation that COVID-19 is linked to individuals of a specific ethnicity, race, or national origin.
- Respond to this crisis with unity and compassion.
- Remember we are all only as safe as those members of our community who are most underserved.
The State of Utah has been responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by centralizing information and combining efforts. Here are a few resources to refer to:
For nationwide updates and information, please see:
What Multicultural Communities Need
to Know About the COVID-19 Vaccine
The COVID-19 vaccination is an important tool to help stop the pandemic. A vaccine fact sheet in Spanish & English has been created in partnership with the Multicultural Advisory Committee, the Utah Department of Health, and the State of Utah's COVID-19 Response. Cost, immigration status, or lack of insurance are not obstacles to getting vaccinated against COVID-19.
Rancho Markets COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics (multiple dates & locations)
¡Clínica gratuita de vacunación contra el COVID-19! En estas clínicas no se requiere identificación, Contamos con las tres vacunas: J&J, Moderna & Pfizer para 5 años en adelante. ¿Necesita un ride gratis para recibir su vacuna? Llame al 211.
Visite facebook.com/EmergenciasUtah para mas información.
Free COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics! J&J, Moderna & Pfizer for 5 years and older. Do you need a free ride to get your vaccine? Call 211.
Visit facebook.com/EmergenciasUtah for more information.
- Utah Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Chinese Society of Utah
- Ulhaas - Bengali Cultural
- Gujarati Cultural Association of Utah
- Bengali Cultural Association of Utah
- Vietnamese Community of Utah
- Nepalese Association of Utah
- Utah Indochina Chinese Benevolence Society
- Eastern Trends Newspaper
- Chinese Railroad Workers Descendants Association
- Pilipino American Association of Utah (PAAU)
- Filipino-American Chamber of Commerce of Utah
- Filipino American National Historical Society Utah Chapter (FANHS-UT)
- Korean American Federation of Utah
- India Cultural Center of Utah
- Thai Association of Utah
- Ogden Buddhist Church
- Japanese Church of Christ
- Korean Presbyterian Church of Utah
- Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple
- Salt Lake Buddhist Temple
- Sri Ganesha Hindu Temple of Utah
- Utah Cambodian Community Buddhist Temple (Wat Buddhikaram)
- Utah Tibetan Association
- Wat Lao Salt Lake Buddharam
- Wat Lao Sandy (Wat Munisrirattanaram)
- Wat Thai Dhammakunaram
- Chùa Tam Bảo Utah
- Chùa Liên Hoa
- Sikh Temple of Utah
- In Utah, Governor's Office of Economic Empowerment
- Pacific Island Business Alliance
- Salt Lake City Economic Development Office
- SCORE Utah: Support for Small Businesses
- Suazo Business Center
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Relief
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Utah Governor's Office of Economic Development
- World Trade Center Utah
- Zions Bank Paycheck Protection Program (For Non-Profits and Small Businesses)
- Coronavirus.Utah.Gov Business Resources
- Utah Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Utah Black Chamber
Stay Safe. Stay Informed.
What You can Do to Stay Healthy
Everyone can take steps to stop the spread of disease. Click on the button below for ways to protect yourself and loved ones as recommended by the State of Utah's COVID-19 Response.
Physical Distancing & Mental Health
Public health officials have advised that individuals practice physical distancing or limiting physical interactions to decrease potential of COVID-19 spread. Please take time to assess your emotional and mental health accordingly.
Healthcare Access & Testing
If you believe you have been exposed or have symptoms associated with COVID-19, please see testing resources below and limit your physical contact with others.
Please use certified telemedicine services such as, the official COVID-19 hotline at 1-800-456-7707 if you have any questions, so as to not overload hospitals at this time.
The situation is always changing. The following are news resources to help you stay informed.