Identify Implicit Bias
Identifying attitudes or stereotypes that take away from fully understanding the repercussions of our decisions, builds our ability to collaborate. Explore guided strategies below.
In this medically reviewed article, VeryWell discusses the impacts of unconscious bias and how it manifests in our daily interactions. This resource is particularly useful for identifying the causes of bias and how to address it and eliminate behavior that can lead to discriminatory practices.
- Topic: Biases and habits
- Audience: Academic, Community, Workplace
- Purpose: Explain the unconsciousness levels of bias and its impact.
In this toolkit, Cook Ross encourages users to understand the impact of unconscious bias in the workplace and learn steps each of us can take to mitigate our hidden bias. The content of this toolkit includes foundational overviews, a number of tips and steps to guide your interpersonal work, and useful case studies to consider how this affects our workplaces.
- Topic: Addressing bias
- Audience: Workplace
- Purpose: Combat bias and decrease conflict in the workplace.
Envato Tuts+ has provided a simple, but informative guide surrounding unconscious bias, with a focus on the workplace setting. It outlines what unconscious bias is, its effects, how to identify it, and how to avoid it. While it is designed for workplace implementation, the information is useful for virtually all settings.
- Topic: Defining bias
- Audience: Individual, Community, Workplace
- Purpose: Explaining the levels of bias and its impact.
The Tony Burch Foundation has provided a list of different measures individuals as well as corporations can take to address unconscious bias. It also lists books and resources for additional reading for personal growth and capacity.
- Topic: Expose and combat bias
- Audience: Individual, Workplace
- Purpose: Combat bias by starting internally.